Join The Eden Dora Trust at their Childhood Encephalitis Study Day
We are very pleased to announce our EDT Childhood Encephalitis Study Day will be taking place on the 28th of February, at Irwin Mitchell Sheffield.
The day is aimed at all medical, rehab and educational professionals to understand more about the diagnosis of Childhood Encephalitis, its impact and rehabilitation.
We’d love to have you join us. Book your place here
Please share this information far and wide, so as many professionals as possible can learn more about Childhood Encephalitis, helping us to improve the day to day lives of so many children & families.
We’d also like to say a huge thank you to Irwin Mitchell Sheffield for their incredible ongoing support
Thursday 28 February 2019
10.00am – 4.00pm
Irwin Mitchell, 2 Millsands, Sheffield, S3 8DT
This event is free to attend; refreshments and lunch will be included as part of the day.
Working in collaboration with the Sheffield Children’s NHS Foundation Trust and Irwin Mitchell, we are hosting this study day aimed at primary and acute medicine, paediatricians, paediatric neurologists, therapists, rehabilitation teams, psychologists and SENCOs.
The focus of the day is to consider the impact of early diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of children with encephalitis and the longer-term impact for the child and family from a medical, legal and educational perspective. We also hope the event will raise awareness of childhood encephalitis and share learning from clinical, educational, legal and personal experiences.
Guest speakers will deliver talks on a wide-range of topics related to childhood encephalitis from the acute stage through to treatment, support required during recovery and the long term support that may be needed.
Speakers on the day include:
• Dr Chris Rittey – Consultant Paediatric Neurologist, Sheffield Children’s Hospital
• Dr Santosh Mordekar – Consultant Paediatric Neurologist, Sheffield Children’s Hospital
• Petrina Sill – Parent’s perspective, Founder and CEO of The Eden Dora Trust
• Dr Mike Patterson – Principle Clinical Psychologist, Sheffield Children’s Hospital and Dr Emily Talbot – Consultant Clinical Psychologist in paediatric Neuropsychology, at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
• Dr Sharma – Paediatric Neuro-Rehab Consultant
• A&E Consultant – TBA
• Occupational Therapy Expert – Laura Kelly
• Legal perspective – TBA
Certificates of attendance will be provided on the day to all attendees for CPD points.
Book your place here