Equality and Diversity Policy
Sheffield Chamber of Commerce and Industry is dedicated to encouraging a supportive and inclusive culture amongst its workforce, its members and any other stakeholder it works with. It is within our best interest to promote diversity and eliminate discrimination in the workplace and the way we conduct our business.
Our aim is to ensure that all employees and job applicants, and any person who applies for any role associated with our organisation is given equal opportunity and that our organisation is representative of all sections of society. Each employee, contractors, members and stakeholders will be respected and valued and able to give their best as a result.
This policy reinforces our commitment to providing equality and fairness to all in our employment or who we work with and not provide less favourable facilities or treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, or sex and sexual orientation.
We are opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination. All employees, no matter whether they are part-time, full-time, or temporary, and all contractors and partners will be treated fairly and with respect. When Sheffield Chamber select candidates for employment, promotion, training, or any other benefit, or any contractor or person/persons they work with it will be on the basis of their aptitude and ability.
All employees and partners will be given help and encouragement to develop their full potential and utilise their unique talents. Therefore, the skills and resources of our organisation will be fully utilised and we will maximise the efficiency of our whole workforce and everybody we work with.
Sheffield Chamber commits:
- To create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all team members are recognised and valued.
- To create a working environment that promotes dignity and respect for every employees and partners.
- To not tolerate any form of intimidation, bullying, or harassment, and to take positive action with those that breach this policy.
- To make training, development, and progression opportunities available to all staff.
- To promote equality in the workplace, which Sheffield Chamber believes is good management practice and makes sound business sense.
- To encourage anyone who feels they have been subject to discrimination to raise their concerns so we can apply corrective measures.
- To encourage employees to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- To regularly review all our organisations practices and procedures so that fairness is maintained at all times. And to inform all employees that an equality and diversity policy is in operation and that they are obligated to comply with its requirements and promote fairness in the workplace.
The policy will also be drawn to the attention of funding agencies, stakeholders, customers, learners, and job applicants. Equality and Diversity Policy equality and diversity policy is fully supported by senior management and has been agreed with trade unions and/or employee representatives Our policy will be monitored and reviewed annually to ensure that equality and diversity is continually promoted in the workplace.
Signed on behalf of the Board
Sheffield Chamber of Commerce