Health and Safety Advisory Service
As you are probably aware, employers are bound under the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 (Reg 7) to have an adequate number of “competent persons”, who will assist the employer to comply with obligations under all H&S legislation. This Regulation also requires the employer to make arrangements between competent persons to ensure adequate co-operation between them, to provide the facilities they need to carry out their functions, and specified health and safety information.
In the event that you do not have a Competent Person then we are able to provide you with a Health and Safety Advisor. Over a minimum of a 12 month period we will provide and offer the following:
- Named competent person
- Health and Safety Advisor Certificate
- Update existing health and safety policy
- E-mail facility for H&S questions
- Telephone helpline
- Two health and safety audits with a full report prepared on each occasion in the 12 month contract period
- Access to additional free chamber health and safety services and documents
- Assistance with sourcing training courses highlighted by the recommendations from the HSAS audit
- Discounted rates on all training from SCCI for HSAS contract holders
- Emergency assistance to include onsite visit/s is required (limitations apply)
- Details of costs are dependent on the physical size and nature of your business – one of our in-house qualified Health and Safety Advisors will visit your premises free of charge to discuss the service further.
- Full packages start at just £600 a year.
Fire Safety Legislation
The new fire safety legislation “The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005” came into force on 1st October 2006. The purpose of the legislation is to rationalise the existing regulations to provide a fully risk-based approach to how organisations discharge their responsibilities for fire safety. The main change as far as the majority of organisations are concerned is that a Fire Certificate is no longer required. The system will now be risk based and be the responsibility of the nominated “responsible person”.
SCCI has the competency within its commercial health and safety advisory service to give your company peace of mind that you are covering all aspects of the legislation. The cost for the service will be based upon the size of the organisation premises and number of employees.
Call 0114 201 8888 or email email@example.com for more information.
Service included in:
All services are available in each category, however additional costs will apply.