This course has been designed by business people, with real life experience of how finance understanding can help drive business performance and profits.
Finance decisions based on balance sheet understanding, allows an insight into credit risk, company value, and the presentation of company filed accounts to show the company’s results.
This course assumes either a completion of the Basic Finance Course, or an understanding of P&L reporting to a reasonable level. It builds an in depth understanding of balance sheets, liquidity, capital structures and leverage points, and then shows how a liquidation is treated, to complete the understanding.
Interpreting balance sheets is the outcome of this course, delivered by a trainer who holds 29 years experience in growing and financing businesses.
By the end of the day delegates will have a working knowledge of strategic balance sheets, and be confident of being able to read full accounts and ask relevant questions.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Read and understand a balance sheet, with terms and measurements
- Be able to assess a balance sheet liquidity and the ability to pay
- Make recommendations to restructure a balance sheet, or request collateral support or guarantees where liquidity is in question
- Able to ask questions that uncover hidden or vague details
- Present the balance sheet to optimise your trading position
Structure of the Day
This course has been developed by Business people, for business people. Usually aimed at the Senior Executives in an Organisation of any size, this one day workshop assumes P&L understanding.
The course elements consist of the following;
- Introduction to the balance sheet
- Balance sheet ratios and measurements
- How to manage the Balance sheet
- Liquidation rights
- Leveraging a balance sheet
- Case study work to assess other company filing submissions
- Tips to interpret abbreviated companies accounts
The day closes around 5pm, but ongoing lifetime support is offered to all Delegates in respect of any queries relating to Finance and financial understanding.
Benefits of Attending
- Develop the skills and insights that build confidence in matters of balance sheet finance
- Improve financial analysis and deepen understanding
- Take control of the company filed and reported accounts
- Discharge your legal responsibilities described in the Companies Act, as a Director or Senior Officer
- Learn from the experiences shared with others during the day
All course notes provided