ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership & Management
This qualification is ideal if you have management responsibilities but no formal training, and are serious about developing your abilities. It’s particularly suited to practising team leaders seeking to move up to the next level of management, and managers who need to lead people through organisational change, budget cuts or other pressures.
Tutor Led Course Content:
- Module 1 Induction & Leadership
- Module 2 Understanding the Communication Process
- Module 3 Motivating to Perform
- Module 4 Teambuilding
- Gain a range of key management skills
- Put new skills into practice in your own role
- Build your leadership capabilities
- Motivate and engage teams, manage relationships confidently
- Develop your leadership skills using your own knowledge, values and motivations.
Impact for your employer:
- Effective and confident first-line managers
- Better relationships and communication in teams
- Measurable results: workplace-based assessment ensures new skills are effectively transferred to your business
- A broad range of optional units – qualification can be tailored to your organisation’s learning and development needs.
The programme is open to both practising and potential supervisors. No educational qualifications are required but delegates must be 18 years of age or over.
Choose What You Want To Study The Way You Want To Study It:
The above modules are the standard recommended subject area, however, we can tailor the programme to suit you. Should you wish to study another subject area as part of your management development, we can offer you a comprehensive range of modules to choose from.
Who should attend and how long will it take
There are no formal entry requirements for this Award in leadership & Management level 3. The programme is aimed at managers and aspiring managers with little or no formal training. The two primary objectives of the programme are: 1 To assist participants in gaining the basic skills and knowledge required by a manager. 2 To develop basic management skills.
This qualification takes 4 months to complete and is run 1 day per month. We understand that you will have other commitments and we aim to allow you as much flexibility as possible, so there is also a fast track option which can be done across 4 weeks. Please enquire for more details.
All students are required to submit a work based assignment of no less than 1000 words, the topic of this assignment will be discussed with the course tutor and line manager. Assignments are not academic but work based to aid you in your learning.
Whatever mode of study you choose, your programme tutor will guide and support you throughout and a 2-hour tutorial has been incorporated to ensure you have all the help you need.
Further learning: ILM Certificate in Leadership & Management