ILM Level 3 Certificate in Leadership & Management
The ILM Level 3 Certificate in Leadership and Management is a comprehensive course designed to give practicing or aspiring first line managers a solid foundation in their formal development as a manager. It will take you from potential management material to skilled, capable manager who can play a valuable role in any sized business.
The qualification is internationally recognised and awarded by the UK’s leading management training organisation, ILM, so employers will be certain you’ve got what it takes to lead a successful team.
- Planning Change in the Workplace
- Managing Discipline
- Employment Tribunal Visit (field trip)
- Managing Customer Service
- Developing Yourself and Others
- Managing Conflict in the Workplace & Managing Stress in the Workplace
- Solving Problems & Making Decisions
- Recruiting/Selecting and Inducting New Staff in the Workplace
Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is ideal if you are have management responsibilities but no formal training, and are serious about developing your abilities. It’s particularly suited to practising team leaders seeking to move up to the next level of management, and managers who need to lead people through organisational change, budget cuts or other pressures.
The programme has two primary objectives:
- To assist participants in gaining the knowledge required by a manager
- To develop management skills
Results for you
- Gain a range of key management skills
- Put new skills into practice in your own role
- Build your leadership capabilities
- Motivate and engage teams, manage relationships confidently
- Develop your leadership skills using your own knowledge, values and motivations.
Impact for your employer
- Effective and confident first-line managers
- Better relationships and communication in teams
- Measurable results: workplace-based assessment ensures new skills are effectively transferred to your business
- A broad range of optional units – qualification can be tailored to your organisation’s learning and development needs.
There are no exams and successful completion of the programme is based on one work-based assignment. The assignment is designed to link strongly with work-based issues, so that both the learner and the employer benefit from the work competed.
Each learner will receive support at the beginning of each module; this takes the form of a workshop each month. Students and the course tutor will agree workshop dates during induction. Tutorial support is also available throughout the programme.
How Long Will It Take
The programme is estimated to take approximately 8 – 10 months to complete, however if students wish to fast track or extend the period of study this can be discussed with the course tutor who will be happy to explain the options available.
Further learning: ILM Diploma in Leadership & Management