Official Guidance from UK Government for Business
The latest information and advice from government for UK employers and businesses
Reporting outbreaks of Coronavirus in the UK
New guidance for businesses and organisations on how to recognise, contain and report incidents of Coronavirus. The COVID-19 early outbreak management information has been created to make sure that people who run businesses or organisations:
- know how to recognise and report an incident of Coronavirus; and
- are aware of measures local health protection teams may advise in order to contain it.
Working Safely During Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The government has updated its guidance for businesses on working safely during Coronavirus. In consultation with industry, this guidance has been produced to help ensure workplaces are as safe as possible. There are 12 guides which cover a range of different types of work. Many businesses operate more than one type of workplace, such as an office, factory and fleet of vehicles. You may need to use more than one of these guides as you think through what you need to do to keep people safe.
Further guidance for employers and businesses including:
- Good practice for employers
- Social distancing in the workplace - principles
- Shift-working and staggering processes
On 24 May, a new £50 million fund for councils across England was announced to prepare for the safe reopening of high streets and other retail spaces. Find more information here.
- Local lockdown guidance for social distancing - This guidance explains how you can see people you do not live with, while protecting yourself and others from coronavirus, if you live in a local lockdown area.
- Local lockdowns: guidance for education and childcare settings - This guidance sets out what schools, colleges, nurseries, childminders, early years and other educational settings need to do if there's a local lockdown during the Coronavirus outbreak.
Face coverings are now mandatory in shops, supermarkets, shopping centres and enclosed transport hubs in England. Face coverings must be worn in additional enclosed public spaces susch as shops; supermarkets; shopping centres; and transport hubs in England, as the UK government takes further steps to help curb the spread of the virus. Click Here for more information.
Official Government Guidance for Employees, Employers and Businesses
This guidance will assist employees, employers, and businesses in addressing coronavirus (COVID-19). Click Here for more information.
Business Support Measures
A full range of business support measures have been made available to UK businesses and employees. Click here to find out how to access the support that has been made available, who is eligible, when the schemes open and how to apply.
The UK government’s online service for booking a Coronavirus test is now live, and you can apply for testing here.
Coronavirus outbreak FAQs: what you can and can't do
The government has set out its plan to return life to as near normal as we can, for as many people as we can, as quickly and fairly as possible in order to safeguard livelihoods, but in a way that is safe and continues to protect our NHS. Click Here for more information.