Chamber Invest & Chamber Business Finance Launch Event
Date: 31 Jan 2019
Time: 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM
You’re invited to join Sheffield Chamber of Commerce as we launch 2 new services for 2019. Chamber Invest and Chamber Business Finance have been designed and shaped to help you grow and scale up your business. Further information on the service has been included below:
What Is Chamber Invest?
A service for businesses looking to scale and access a range of investment solutions to help them achieve their growth ambitions. Often it’s lack of funding – and the wrap-around support that can go with it – that holds companies back. Chamber Invest seeks to engage with local companies and help with the challenges of scaling by providing access to investment, business support and legal services.
Who is it for?
- Businesses looking to scale
- Businesses at pre-investment stage, wanting to plan for growth
- Businesses needing to become investor ready
- Businesses needing seed or growth investment
- Businesses looking to fund innovation
- Businesses looking for mentoring and Non-Exec support
What is the offer?
Currently the service provides access to angel investment through a 500-strong angel network and a number of co-investment partners. Companies are typically pitching for between £100k-£700k although larger amounts are available in conjunction with the co-investment partners. However, this is more than just investment. It’s about finding the right investor/mentor to help and support the business through its journey.
We will also be running a number of free investor ready workshops, looking at the process and requirements of angel investing.
How is it delivered?
- Initial discussion to understand what the business needs
- A proposal as to the best way forward
- Prepare to pitch
- Go live on angel investment platform
- Business pitches to angel investors – these are held monthly
- A range of wrap-around support
Please note, this is a members only event.