Future Skills – Insider Breakfast
Date: 30 Apr 2019
Time: 8:00 AM - 9:30 AM
You are invited . . .
- Conor Moss – director of education and employer partnerships, Sheffield Hallam UniversitySpeakers
- Julia Bloomer – head of learning, development and HR (UK), AESSEAL
- Jade English – founder, BePod and candidate BBC The Apprentice
- Karen Tyrrell – managing director – people & culture, Sky Betting and Gaming
- Julia Muir – founder, Gaia Innovation. Board member, Sheffield City Region Local Enterprise Partnership
The Sheffield City Region has a diverse £31 billion pound economy made up of 68,000 businesses and spans across a dynamic core city and thriving towns.
There are big ambitions for the future, including the creation of a Global Innovation Corridor stretching from the emerging Sheffield Hallam University research hub at the Olympic Legacy Park right through to the National College for High Speed Rail in Doncaster to act as a magnet for people, industry and innovators.
This Insider networking breakfast will hear from an expert panel on how this bold ambition depends on attracting and developing people and new opportunities to produce, attract and retain more talent.
We will assess:
- What are the key skills demands from business?
- Why does the region suffer from a historical skills challenge in keys areas such as digital?
- How have education providers and industry come together to tackle challenges and innovate?
- What work has been done in schools and underprivileged areas to raise aspirations?
- Why do graduates leave SCR after their first job?
For event enquiries please contact Amy Cannon on 0161 907 9756
For sponsorship enquiries please contact Steve Allen on 0114 279 2800