GDPR & Data Protection Live: 1 Year On – Am I Compliant?
Date: 9 May 2019
Time: 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM
The GDPR and the Data Protection Act has been with us for a year and up until now, the ICO have been lenient and forgiving without issuing any fines to date over £500,000 (the maximum pre-GDPR). However, with the rules now being enforceable for a year, it’s likely that the ICO will assume a tougher stance with ignorance becoming a tired excuse.
Since the initial series of events titled ‘GDPR – What does it mean for my business?’ the panel have been working tirelessly to ensure companies are compliant, whilst keeping abreast of current thinking and the ICO’s latest position. As a result, the panel have learnt several ‘quick wins’ to ensure GDPR compliance and ways of reducing your chances of being fined with the least amount of effort. The presentation will expand on these ‘quick wins’ and share this knowledge with you.
A key element of the event is to allow you the audience to ask questions that relate to your working experiences and examples under the GDPR legislation. These questions will put forward to the panel to create a dynamic and relevant event for your business.
In addition, the likely effects of Brexit in relation to GDPR will be discussed and explored. In particular, whether the DPA 2018 will be considered adequate by the EU member states after the UK leaves, and if not, what the solutions may be.
- 8.00am – Breakfast & Networking
- 8.30am – Welcome & Introductions – Tom Sutton
- 8.35am – GDPR and Data Protection Context with Dr. David Day
- 8.45am – Live questions from audience to the panel – Working experiences and examples
- 9.15am – GDPR and Data Protection Looking Forwards with Dr. David Day
- 9.35am – Hints and Tips to Remain Compliant from the Panel – Dr. David Day (Security Consultant), Ian Brown (Wosskow Brown), Dave Walker (ITI) & Mark Havenhand (Workflow)
- 9.45am – Final Q&A and Event Summary
- 10.00am – Event Close