Global Business Network: Overseas Opportunities in Thailand and Indonesia
Date: 27 Apr 2017
Time: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Meet country specialist from Thailand and Indonesia
Our guests from these fast-growing markets are visiting Sheffield to forge personal relationships with local businesses at ground level, providing valuable business to business knowledge and advice. You are invited to come along and meet the Global Business Network representatives to make a personal connection and boost your export potential within these markets.
Meet country experts:
- Thailand & South East Asia – Greg Watkins
- Indonesia – Chris Wren
THAILAND has transformed its economy into one of the most diverse in the region. GDP growth of 3-3.5% is expected this year. As the country navigates its transition to a high-value economy, there are opportunities for British businesses in practically every sector.
INDONESIA is the largest economy in South East Asia (SEA) with impressive economic growth. Indonesia is the world’s fourth most populous nation, the world’s 10th largest economy in terms of purchasing power parity, and the ONLY permanent SEA country of the G-20. The consuming middle class is estimated to number around 80 million in 5 years, 60% of whom will be under 32 years old.
- Education and skills – English language training, vocational training, STEM and equipment
- Financial & professional services
- Oil & Gas
- Healthcare and Healthcare Equipment
- Defence & Security
- Energy / Environment – Renewable energy, especially waste to energy
- Digital economy – FinTech, 4G, data centres, security equipment
- Creative and media Industries broadcast and related technology and content for Digital channels
- Food & drink products and food processing
- Consumer and retail products especially British brands
- Advanced engineering, including automotive and aerospace
- Renewable energy, waste to energy
- Services, including financial, business and professional
- Hospitality / Tourism
1:1 meeting are available upon request. We have plenty of free parking and we are very pleased to confirm that lunch will be provided by the renowned Sheffield Thai restaurant Thai Thai Ka deliciously authentic cuisine.