Mindful Matters: Step Up Your Mental Health Awareness
Date: 2 Mar 2019
Time: 9:45 AM - 5:00 PM
This event is kindly sponsored by Sheffield Chamber of Commerce.
Are you keen to reduce the stigma of mental health?
Would you like advice for supporting those with mental health problems?
Do you want to step up your mental health awareness?
This year, JCI (Junior Chamber International) UK is prioritising mental wellbeing, with particular focus on young professionals. That’s why we’re extremely proud to host Mindful Matters: Step Up Your Mental Health Awareness. As well as offering valuable insights, this conference aims to help break down negative stereotypes and stigmas that are still – unfortunately – attached to mental health.
Your conference ticket includes:
- Talks about mental health awareness
- A panel discussion with industry professionals
- Examples of projects aimed at improving mental wellbeing
- Opportunity to meet and network with people from a variety of sectors
- Lunch from The Real Junk Food Project
Why We’re Focusing on Mental Health
Current research suggests that 1 in 4 Britons will experience some form of mental health challenge each year. By 2030, the NHS Confederationestimates that there will be approximately 2 million more adults in the UK with mental health problems than there were in 2013.
- Margaret Kilner, Chief Officer of Healthwatch Sheffield
- Emma Kerrywood, Head of Residential Lettings and Property Management at Dacres Commercial & JCI UK 2013 National President
- Marcin Badura, Legal Counsel at TAL Tax Audit Law & JCI Vice President for Europe
- Mark Smith, CEO of Make Your Mark UK & JCI UK 2019 National President
The Real Junk Food Project
Lunch will be catered by The Real Junk Food Project Sheffield, an award-winning, non-profit social enterprise that saves food from being needlessly wasted.
Vegan and gluten-free options are available.
Let’s Get Social
In JCI style, we’ll continue discussions over an informal meal at Mama’s & Leonie’s. If you’d like to join us (we always love meeting new people!), please book onto the event here. There’s a small deposit, which will be reimbursed after you attend the meal.
Location: Sheffield Central Fire Station