Quarterly Economic Review Breakfast: 2018 Q4
Date: 17 Jan 2019
Time: 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Each quarter, the Sheffield City Region Chambers are hosting flagship events in partnership with the Sheffield University Management School to share the Quarterly Economic Review results and what they mean for business.
This first event of the new year will also focus on Brexit, and its impact on business.
Brexit will mark the most profound political changes seen in generations and on the 29th March 2019, the UK will leave the European Union. Businesses are going to be affected as a result, but are the businesses in the Sheffield city region prepared?
As part of our session we will hear from Jenny Lawson of the European Enterprise Network with her views on how things will develop after the end of March and this will be followed by a Q&A panel session with Jenny and other key business leaders, all of who have a direct interest in international trade and the impact of Brexit across the region’s businesses
- 8am – Registration & Breakfast
- 8:30am – Welcome, Barnsley & Rotherham Chamber of Commerce
- 8:35am – Introduction Greg Wright, Yorkshire Post
- 8:40am – SCR Quarterly Economic Review Results – Dr. David Littlewood, Sheffield University Management School
- 9:00am – Brexit Briefing & Update – Jenny Lawson, Manager of Enterprise Europe Network
- 9:15am – Panel Discussion
– William Beckett, Chair of the International Trade Forum
– Jenny Lawson, Manager of Enterprise Europe Network
– Neil MacDonald, Chair of SCR Business Growth Board
– Jayne Mezulis, Export & Import Consultancy Services by EICS
- 10am – Close
Click here to register free.
Location: The AESSEAL New York Stadium