Quarterly Economic Review Breakfast: Q1
Date: 17 Apr 2018
Time: 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Each quarter, the Sheffield City Region Chambers are hosting flagship events in partnership with the Sheffield University Management School to share the Quarterly Economic Review results and what they mean for business.
This event will focus on recent issues with companies like Carillon and the impending changes because of Brexit, with the fact that many organisations are identifying cash flow as a risk. Control of cash flow is further exacerbated by extremely variable payment terms. The event is designed to explore the variables at a operational level so we can feed the issues back into the British Chambers of Commerce for inclusion in things like the Brexit negotiations.
- 8am – Registration & Breakfast
- 8:30am – Welcome and Introductions – Greg Wright, Deputy Business Editor, Yorkshire Post
- 8.35am – Context – Richard Wright, Chief Executive, Sheffield Chamber of Commerce
- 8:40am – SCR Quarterly Economic Review Results – Dr. David Littlewood, Sheffield University Management School
- 9:00am – Keynote Speaker – David Postlethwaite, Business Development Director (Corporate), HSBC
Business Environment, Warning Signs, Fall Out & Financial Market Place
- 9:15am – Panel Discussion – Payment terms and the cash flow effect
– Steve Galvin, Finance Controller – AVK Syddal
– Andy Price, Managing and Creative Director – &create Marketing Limited
– Amy Cusworth, Associate Solicitor – Oxley & Coward Solicitors LLP
– Malcolm Pope, Audit and Accounts Partner – Shorts Chartered Accountants
– David Postlethwaite, Business Development Director (Corporate) – HSBC
- 9:30am – Business Workshop
– Concentration, Top 10 Clients, Credit Insurance & Warning Signs
- 10am – Event Close
This event is free to attend and includes a light breakfast.
Click here to register free.
Location: Copthorne Hotel