Quarterly Economic Review Breakfast: Q4
Date: 12 Jan 2018
Time: 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Be the first to hear the quarter 4 results of the Sheffield City Region Quarterly Economic Survey. Dr. David Littlewood, Sheffield University Management School, will reveal how businesses in the region are faring in the current economic climate, whether Brexit is presenting new opportunities for accessing new markets locally and internationally, and what support they need to overcome current challenges.
Plus, hear from the International Trade Adviser, Vanda Priestly from the Department for International Trade (DIT) who are responsible for promoting British trade across the world and ensuring the UK takes advantage of the huge opportunities. DIT encourages and supports businesses to export and help to identify key opportunities. In the Yorkshire and the Humber region they have over 25 International Trade and e-Commerce Advisers who support local businesses with face-to-face meetings along with dedicated and impartial advice.
There will be a panel discussion with local business leaders discussing The struggles that businesses face when accessing new markets”, chaired by Greg Wright, Yorkshire Post.
Last quarter’s survey highlighted that businesses struggle to access new markets. At this event we will be holding a “How to access new markets” workshop; an International Trade Adviser, from the DIT, will guide you through the vast live opportunities available to you across the world, introduce you to available funding, highlight emerging markets and discuss the services offer to help you and your business begin your export journey
- 8am – Breakfast networking
- 8:30 am – Welcome from Greg Wright, Yorkshire Post
- 8:35 am – Word from the sponsor – Dianne Wainwright, The Source
- 8:40 am – QES Q4 2017 Results – Dr. David Littlewood, Sheffield University Management School
- 8:45am – Keynote Speaker – Vanda Priestly from the Department for International Trade – “International Trade Opportunities”
- 9:00am – Panel Debate: “The struggles that businesses face when accessing new markets”
– William Beckett, International Trade Forum
– Helen Lazarus, Assistant Director, Business & Investment – Sheffield City Region Executive Team
– Representative from Naylor Industries Plc
– Chloe Watmore, Thermotex Engineering Ltd.
- 9:25am – Free Prize Draw for Free Flybe Flights to Amsterdam – Rick O’Toole, Doncaster Sheffield Airport
- 9:30am – “How to get into new markets” workshop provided by Department for International Trade
- 10:00am – Close
To book your FREE place at this event CLICK HERE
Location: The Source, Meadowhall