Quarterly Economic Survey Breakfast: Q2
Date: 18 Jul 2017
Time: 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM
The Sheffield City Region Chambers are co-delivering a major breakfast event to publicly unveil the latest intelligence from its Quarterly Economic Survey affecting those firms operating within the region.
Prominent guests from across the spectrum of local industry will appear as expert panellists, providing some invaluable insight as to how the latest results ought to be interpreted both now, and looking forward from a planning and investment perspective.
Against a backdrop of political instability and economic uncertainty following the outcome of the recent General Election, this particular session features a business briefing from the Bank of England, and examines the prevailing skills shortages inhibiting growth across the region.
- 08:30 Welcome – Scott Knowles, Chief Executive, East Midlands Chamber
- 08:35 Context – Greg Wright, Deputy Business Editor, Yorkshire Post
- 08:40 Sponsors’ address – Sheffield City Region / The Source, Meadowhall
- 08:45 Q2 2017 – the Economic Landscape: the latest intelligence – Dr. David Littlewood, University of Sheffield Management School
- 09:00 The Cost of Doing Business – Alistair Cunningham, Bank of England
- 09:10 Panel discussion and interactive Q&A on difficulties with recruiting, incentives and bridging the skills gap – Scott Knowles, Chief Executive; East Midlands Chamber
– Julia Bloomer – Chair of the Rotherham Business Growth Board.
– Peter Norris, SCR Skills Bank – Alistair Cunningham, Bank of England
– Louisa Harrison-Walker, Benchmark Recruit
- 09:50 Announcement of the winner of the Free Prize Draw – Doncaster Sheffield Airport
- 09:55 Concluding Remarks & Next Steps – Greg Wright, Deputy Business Editor, Yorkshire Post
- 10:00 Close / Networking
If you have any questions relating to this event, please contact the Policy Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
To book your free place click here.
Location: The Source at Meadowhall