South Yorkshire Pensions Group Seminar
Date: 7 May 2019
Time: 8:30 AM - 10:30 AM
South Yorkshire Pensions Group are delighted to announce details of their first seminar of 2019.
Following a busy 2018 which saw several seminars and social events for pension professionals, along with the launch of the new annual pensions conference, the 7th May will see the first seminar of another busy year of events for the South Yorkshire Pensions Group.
The event aims to share knowledge, provide informed and relevant seminars to trustees, companies and professionals in relation to corporate pensions, and to encourage networking amongst them.
We are delighted to announce the keynote speakers and topics for the 7th May below:
- Mark Buckley, Associate Director, Broadstone – GMP Equalisation – Explanation of the requirements following the recent Lloyd court ruling. Including methods, issues, and potential impacts.
- Mark Ridler, Hill Dickinson LLP – Legal update from Hill Dickinson LLP providing a round-up of recent significant cases and legislation affecting pension schemes along with a review of expected changes over the coming year.
- Ben Roach, Barnett Waddingham – Update on DB consolidator offerings, thoughts on future developments and discussion of the issues that trustees need to think about if they are involved in such a transaction.
The event is FREE to attend but places are limited so please book early to avoid disappointment. A complimentary breakfast will be provided for delegates along with ample networking opportunities with industry professionals.
- 8.30am – Registration, Breakfast & Networking
- 9.00am – Presentations, followed by Q&A
- 10.30am – Close
About The South Yorkshire Pensions Group
The South Yorkshire Pensions Group was formed in 2015 by professionals and others who have an interest and involvement with corporate pension arrangements in the South Yorkshire/Sheffield City Region. It promotes seminars and social events in conjunction with the Sheffield Chamber of Commerce and Industry. The Group’s objectives are to share knowledge, provide informed and relevant seminars to trustees, companies and professionals in relation to corporate pensions and to encourage networking amongst them. The Group promotes several seminars each year and has hosted several prominent speakers from the pension industry including Sir Steve Webb the former pensions minister and speakers from the Bank of England.