The Eden Dora Trust Childhood Encephalitis Study Day
Date: 28 Feb 2019
Time: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Working in collaboration with the Sheffield Children’s NHS Foundation Trust and Irwin Mitchell, we are hosting this study day aimed at primary and acute medicine, paediatricians, paediatric neurologists, therapists, rehabilitation teams, psychologists and SENCOs.
The focus of the day is to consider the impact of early diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of children with encephalitis and the longer-term impact for the child and family from a medical, legal and educational perspective. We also hope the event will raise awareness of childhood encephalitis and share learning from clinical, educational, legal and personal experiences.
Guest speakers will deliver talks on a wide-range of topics related to childhood encephalitis from the acute stage through to treatment, support required during recovery and the long term support that may be needed.
Speakers on the day include:
- Dr Chris Rittey – Consultant Paediatric Neurologist, Sheffield Children’s Hospital
- Dr Santosh Mordekar – Consultant Paediatric Neurologist, Sheffield Children’s Hospital
- Petrina Sill – Parent’s perspective, Founder and CEO of The Eden Dora Trust
- Dr Mike Patterson – Principle Clinical Psychologist, Sheffield Children’s Hospital and Dr Emily Talbot – Consultant Clinical Psychologist in paediatric Neuropsychology, at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Dr Sharma – Paediatric Neuro-Rehab Consultant
- A&E Consultant – TBA
- Occupational Therapy Expert – Laura Kelly
- Legal perspective – TBA
Certificates of attendance will be provided on the day to all attendees for CPD points.
Location: Irwin Mitchell