Doing Business in the USA
Are you considering additional growth in the US market?
Are you a Chamber Member?
Login here to access discounted prices.
Access to an array of speakers that can support UK businesses with US investment aspirations. We explore the comprehensive operational support needed to establish, grow and streamline your US business activity.
Join this webinar, organised in partnership with Blue Link Worldwide and The Department for International Trade to learn more about what you need to know and plan for in your US expansion and tools you can leverage.
What we'll cover
- Location advice - directly from the Jacksonville Partnership, Florida and the great US States of Indiana, Pennsylvania.
- When should I consider establishing US operations?
- When do I need to create a US company?
- Where is the best place to set up in the States.
- How long does US set up take and how much does it cost?
- How do I sell/pitch in the US as a UK/non-US company?
- How is hiring different in the US, and what’s the optimal US team?
- Does everyone really sue each other all the time in the US?
- How to establish a US team without setting up a company.
- Setting up a US entity and bank account.
- Recruiting and employing US talent.
- Streamlining back office processes.
- Ensuring compliance across state and federal tax regimes.
- When should I look to raise money from US VC’s.
- Welcome - Duncan Hoyland, Partnership Manager, Department for International Trade
- The British Chambers of Commerce & The Global Business Network - Nick Patrick
- US Stage Set - Dr Frank Levene, Principal, Blue Link Worldwide.
- Jackonsville Florida USA - John Freeman, Senior Director, JAX USA Partnership.
- Pennsylvania - Mr Richard Kilner- Managing Director, European Investment Office.
- Market Research & Market Planning - Mr Steve Lanier, President AWC
- The USA Legal System - Thomas Thorelli & Associates.
- US Tax - Nora Rothrock - Group Managing Director, US Tax & Financial Services.
- IP & Warranties - US Imperatives - Mr Simon Bradbury - Partner, Appleyard Lees.
- US Immigration - Karnig Dukmajian - Associate, Fragomen LLP.
- Questions and Answers - moderated by Dr Frank Levene, Blue Link Worldwide.
- Break Out - One-to-One Sessions - Will Morgan, Sheffield Chamber of Commerce.
Please note: by booking onto this event, you consent for your name, company name and email address to be shared with our panel of experts and event partners. Let us know in advance at email@example.com if you do not wish for this to happen.