Start-up Day 2021 - Sustainability for Business
All your Start-up needs sorted in a day. Great advice, fabulous speakers and inspiring stories.
Start-up Day returns for 2021 and it’s going to be massive!
Whether you're just starting out, need advice on protecting your intellectual property or are ready to take the next step, come along to our action-packed day of free business support with everything you need to turn your idea into a reality. As well as providing you with tips and tools on how to get your business up and running, this year the Business & IP Centre South Yorkshire are putting the spotlight on sustainability.
Start-up Day 2021 will deliver a day of activities and conversations that can support and motivate you to take action to incorporate sustainability into your businesses or make changes to operate with some form of sustainability. You only need to register once to get access to the full day of events - you can then choose which sessions you attend.
- 9:30: Doors open. Networking and refreshments.
- 10:00- 10:10: Welcome and opening address
- 10:15 - 11:00: Session 1 - Hellen Stirling-Baker, owner of independent children's lifestyle store Small Stuff, shares her insights in to how she embedded sustainability in to the ethos of her business, her experience of using the BIPC when starting up and the steps she's taking to continue to move forward with sustainability at the heart of her business.
- 11:00: Remembrance Day 2 minute silence
- 11:15 - 12:00: Session 2 - Sheffield Sustainability Network shares their knowledge of the importance of embedding sustainability practices in business from the get-go, the practicalities of this and what the network is doing across the region to support businesses in collaborating on this.
- 12:15 - 13:00: Session 3 - Jake Wilson from the Sheffield Chamber of Commerce will host an engaging panel event, with some of Sheffield's biggest businesses, all with sustainability and responsible business at the core of their organisation.
- 13:00 – 14:00: Networking lunch. A chance to meet fellow attendees, talk to BIPC staff, our speakers and business experts.
- 14:00 - 14:45: Session 4 - Suzy Cornwell, Information Specialist at the BIPC South Yorkshire, provides an introduction to the Business & IP Centre and shares her expertise on the importance of considering an intellectual property strategy for your business.
- 15:00 - 15:45: Session 5 - Business Sheffield's Business Start-Up Advisor, Andy Bunn joins us to discuss the importance of conducting market research when starting a new business and talk about what support is available to help you get going.
- 16:00 - 16:45: Session 6 - Sarah Hogan, Information Specialist at the BIPC South Yorkshire hosts an interactive session on how you can use the free BIPC databases for your market research and business information needs.
- 16:50 – 17:00: Goodbye from the BIPC Team
You only need to register once to get access to the full day of events. You can then choose which sessions you attend.