Supply Chain Online Event: Supplying the Public Sector
By joining this free event you will get expert advice from the Procurement teams of Barnsley; Doncaster; Rotherham and Sheffield councils.
Date & Time: 10am - 11am, on 26th May 2021
Venue: Online Event
The session will provide a general overview of how businesses can supply the public sector (in this case, local councils), and give attendees a better idea of what to expect.
Did you know that collectively the 4 South Yorkshire local authorities spend in excess of £2bn per annum on external contracts?
A broad range of products and services are purchased each year that include fleet vehicles; professional services; social care for adults and children; IT systems; building works and everything in between - your business could be the next to deliver what we need.
Within the next 12-18 months there are significant opportunities across the region, covering a vast range of goods, services and works requirements.
Our team of experts will cover:
- What you need to be aware of in terms of general processes and principles;
- The tender processes and options available to public sector bodies;
- The portals used to publish requirements and seek tenders;
- The quality standards expected and key Authority strategies you need to be aware of;
- Payment terms and timescales, and
- The way you can best learn about upcoming opportunities you may want to tender for.
The presentation will also provide an outline of the different processes or requirements that individual councils might have.
At the end of the session, there will also be the opportunity to raise any questions you may have during a Panel Q & A.
The opportunity to supply to local councils is something that is open to all businesses (large or small), providing they meet certain criteria.
Could your business be next to successfully win a tender? Want to find out how to pitch your business in the best way possible? If so, sign up to attend this virtual event.