Weathering the Storm: Economic Performance and Prospects for businesses in the Sheffield City Region
This interactive event, open to all businesses within the Sheffield City Region LEP area, will explore how different sectors are responding to the current challenges posed by the coronavirus and the future prospects for the local economy.
Discussions will cover
- existing strengths and challenges within the local economy;
- coronavirus business support – what’s working and what are the challenges;
- requirements for future support;
- coming out of lockdown; areas of opportunity;
- forward look at the prospects for the remainder of 2020
The event will also showcase unique economic data taken from the Chambers' Quarterly Economic Review for the Q1 of 2020 and a first look at the ongoing Q2 data.
- Chris Hobson, Director of Policy, East Midlands Chamber (Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire): Overview of SCR Quarterly Economic Review Q1 results – exploring the state of the SCR economy going into lockdown, plus a first look at the data taken from the unrelased Q2 Survey results
- James Muir, Chair of SCR LEP: Challenges and Opportunities posed by coronavirus within SCR
- Business Panel Discussion: Charting a recovery – what do we need now and for future success. Business representation from:
- Jillian Thomas, Managing Director, Future Life Wealth Management
- Gemma Daniels, Client Services Director , Hydra Creative
- Ian Greenaway, Managing Director, MTM Products
- Representative from Shorts (tbc)
- Karen Beardsley, Managing Director Rail Operations, Unipart Rail
Held in partnership with: Sheffield, Doncaster, Barnsley & Rotherham Chamber of Commerce.
This is a free to attend event for members and non-members, please reserve your place below and add the time/date in your diary, we will send out the link to join the webinar prior to the meeting.