Discover Why Exporting is GREAT – International Trade Conference
Date: 12 Jun 2019
Time: 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Thousands of businesses across the UK are enjoying increased sales, growth and stability by selling overseas. Attend this international trade conference to explore the potential of selling overseas for your business.
This half-day conference will offer guidance and expertise while highlighting the services and support available to businesses in the region looking for their next step in growing an international business.
The conference will be opened by the new Chair of the Sheffield City Region Local Enterprise Partnership, James Muir, former head of Group National Sales at Volkswagen. James will share his global expertise before focusing on the 5 key steps to exporting.
You’ll also hear from a panel of international trade experts who will give delegates the chance to put forward their own questions or concerns before a panel of local businesses share their success stories and experiences of how exporting benefited their business.
A small exhibition will offer delegates the chance to meet and network with organisations that provide support to businesses undertaking international trade activities.
What will you learn?
- How to identify and access new markets and opportunities
- Understand basic regulations and documentation
- How to overcome language and cultural barriers
- How to get paid
- How to internationalise your website
- What support and finance is available to you
8:30am – Registration, Networking & Complimentary Breakfast (Exhibition open)
9:00am – Welcome from James Muir, Chair of the Sheffield City Region Local Enterprise Partnership
9:15am – Session 1 – Expert Panel;-
- Duncan Hoyland – Department for International Trade (Identify new markets and opportunities)
- Mark Rowbotham – Sheffield Chamber of Commerce (Customs & Excise, Understanding basic regulations and documentation)
- Kathleen O’Donnell – Fragomen (Corporate visas & immigration)
- Chris Green – HSBC (How to get paid)
- Karen Mosley – 5-1-2 (International logistics)
10:00am – Breakout – Refreshments, Networking & Exhibition Open
10:15am – Session 2 – Case Studies;-
- Debbie Harrison, Joint Managing Director, Pricecheck
- Neil Cleverley, Head of Global Strategy, Twinkl
- Gordon Macrae, Special Projects Manager, Gripple
- Fran O’Neill, Managing Director, Strategic Beverage Alliance
11:00am – Formal proceedings close, exhibition open, one2one’s, networking and refreshments
12:00 – Event Close
Don’t forget the UK is home to just 1% of the world’s population. If you have a market in the UK for your product, why not show it to the other 99%.
The event is free to attend and delegates will receive a complimentary breakfast and refreshments. There is a charge of £100 + VAT to exhibit and only organisations offering support to exporters/importers and international business travellers are permitted to exhibit.
The event is organised by Sheffield Chamber of Commerce and supported by Gripple, Sheffield International Trade Centre, the Department for International Trade, HSBC and Pricecheck.
Exhibitors include 512, Fragomen, Emirates, Fexco, UHY Haker Young, DNA Business Engineering and Twinkl.
Location: GLIDE House