Unlimited access to legal business advice line, over 175 free downloadable legal documents and £1m of excess free insurance.
Legal Advice Line
Unlimited access* to experienced legal advisors. Available 24/7, 365 days a year.
The advice lines are here to help you… and not just if you have a serious problem or issue. They can help you with any questions that you may have, whether they be positive or negative.
Over 175 free downloadable legal documents for a business.
One of the main features of the website is the comprehensive document library, which includes documents such as:
- Checklists & documents
- Company law
- Debt recovery
- Intellectual property
- Plus more
The Chamber Commercial Legal Expenses Insurance policy provides cover for a wide range of legal disputes that may affect members. The policy provides cover for the member’s business in matters including employment disputes, tax investigations and property disputes; and cover for the member’s employees in personal injury claims and motor disputes.
Areas of Cover
- Employment Disputes - Representation costs and awards of compensation incurred in defence of a dispute with an employee.
- Health & Safety Prosecutions - Costs in defending a health and safety criminal prosecution.
- Tax Protection - To deal with a HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) full enquiry.
- Criminal Prosecution Defence - To defend legal proceedings in a Court of criminal jurisdiction.
- Statutory License Protection - For an appeal or representation to the relevant authority.
- Jury Service Allowance - The cost of the insured’s salary or an employee’s salary for any period for which the insured or their employees are obliged to attend Court for jury service.
- Property Disputes - Any dispute or legal proceedings, including those relating to the physical possession of the property.
- Data Protection - To defend civil proceedings for compensation under Section 13 of the Data Protection Act 1998
- Personal Injury - Legal proceedings to recover damages for the death of or bodily injury sustained by a director or employee.
- Motor Disputes - The pursuit or defence of legal proceedings between an insured and a customer/supplier relating to the hire, purchase, lease, service, repair or test of a motor vehicle; or to recover damages for personal injury sustained by a director or employee in a road traffic accident.
- Wrongful Arrest Defence - To defend civil proceedings against the insured in relation to allegations of wrongful arrest or malicious prosecution.
Level of Cover
In the event of a claim, your case will be handled by Qdos Broker & Underwriting Services Ltd with the legal advice and representation being provided, in house, by Qdos Legal Services Ltd. You will be covered up to £100,000 (for any one claim) and £1,000,000 aggregate limit (all claims notified in any one period of insurance). Jury Service is subject to a maximum limit of £100 per day, £1,000 per claim.
There is Nil excess applicable to the policy.
Additional terms and conditions apply. A copy of the full policy wording and key facts document are available from the Chamber.
*unlimited access is subject to a fair use policy.