Brexit Transtion Agreement
19th May 2020
The British Government are still determined to go ahead with ending the Brexit transition agreement on 31st December 2020.
This will create further challenges for importing and exporting businesses as from 1st January 2021 as customs procedures will be implemented on all products leaving and entering the UK from the European Union for the first time in 47 years. We will also lose our Free Trade Agreement Status with the 70 countries bound by the EU agreements.
The crunch point will come at the end of June as the round of negotiation ends and we will know whether or not a deal can be agreed before the end of the year.
At Sheffield International Trade Centre (SITC) we are concerned that the majority of businesses will not be ready and while we recognise that most businesses are reeling from the Covid 19 business interruption, we do want to ‘gently’ keep it in your minds that this cannot be forgotten.
SITC is at the forefront of how the end of transition will affect your business from day one exiting the EU.
- We can advise you on the specific areas you need to consider to lessen the effect both to your business and that of your customers in Europe.
- Explain the implications of customs procedures and how they will affect your profit and loss, go through the list of actions to mitigate compliance risk and cost.
- Help you apply for customs systems to ensure you are using the most efficient practises available.
- Discuss the management of the change and the consequences of not being ready.
SITC and Sheffield Chamber of Commerce have designed online ‘bite sized’ webinars specifically designed to help with the information. They are aimed at a wide audience, from directors, buyers, international sales and administration staff.
These are segmented into 90 minute sessions designed and delivered by our professional trainer Becky Stark. Click on the below links for details:
- Incoterms 2020 Overview 8th June 2020
- Tools of the Trade 10th June 2020
- The UK-EU Three Legged Assault Course 17th June 2020
- UK-EU Separation – Impact on Exports 22nd June 2020
- UK-EU Separation – Impact on Imports 24th June 2020
All the details can be found here: https://www.scci.org.uk/training/international-trade
We are limited in the number of delegates we can host online so if you are interested to attend, please register as soon as possible. We will be arranging more dates if they are oversubscribed.