Can you help supply critical PPE to front line services across our region?
23rd April 2020
The Mayor and the NHS and Integrated Care System in South Yorkshire have put out a public call for help supplying critical PPE to front line services across our region.
The Mayor and the NHS and Integrated Care System in South Yorkshire have put out a public call for help supplying critical PPE to front line services across our region. Many of our businesses have already switched production to help with this great national effort, but more help is needed, including:
- Companies and education establishments with 3D printers, and manufacturers of plastic, to help with the production of visors, gloves, face masks and aprons.
- Breweries or gin distilleries who can use their kit and alcohol supplies to make hand sanitiser, as well as new 500ml pump dispenser bottles, to decant hand sanitiser into and for infection control purposes.
- Textiles companies who can make scrubs and gowns.
- Manufacturers with machinery and equipment who can still play a significant role in the production of ventilators.
Any business who believes they can help should contact NHS England by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Confirming what equipment they can produce
- Full contact details
- Readiness and timescales to make the equipment
More detail on the technical and regulatory standards for Personal Protective Equipment is available here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/technical-specifications-for-personal-protective-equipment-ppe