Discover Why Exporting is Great - International Trade Conference

28th March 2018

Thousands of businesses across the UK are enjoying increased sales, growth and stability by selling overseas.

Attend this international trade conference to explore the potential of selling overseas for your business. With tailored seminars and an exhibition, we will offer guidance and highlight the services and support available to businesses in the region looking for their next step in growing an international business. On the day you'll meet experts from specialist organisations including the Chamber of Commerce, South Yorkshire International Trade Centre (SYITC) and the Department for International Trade (DIT). The conference will focus on 5 key steps to exporting and will include presentations from SYITC & DIT. You'll also hear from local businesses who will share their success stories and experience of how exporting benefited their business. In addition there will be an expert panel discussion giving delegates the chance to put forward their own questions or concerns. A small exhibition will offer delegates the chance to meet and network with organisations that provide support to businesses when exporting. What will you learn? How to identify and access new markets and opportunities Understand basic regulations and documentation How to overcome language and cultural barriers How to get paid How to internationalise your website What support and finance is available to you Don't forget the UK has 1% of the world's population. If you have a market in the UK for your product, why not show it to the other 99%. Conference Agenda: 8.00am - Complimentary Breakfast & Networking 8.30am - Welcome, Sheffield Chamber & Department for International Trade 8.40am - 5 Steps to Exporting - Nick Patrick, Head of International Trade, Sheffield Chamber 9.15am - Case Studies & Panel Discussion - Stu Turner - Sushi Sushi - Neil Birchenall - Appt - Chloe Watmore - Thermotex Engineering 10.00am - Break & Exhibition 10.30am - Introduction of International Trade Experts - 5-1-2 - Logistics - Fexco - Payments - Fragomen - Visas & Corporate Immigration - UHY Hacker Young - International Tax & Accounting - Portcullis - Customs & Compliance 10.50am - Expert Panel Q&A 11.15am - Internationalise Your Website & ecommerce - DHL 11.45am - Lunch, Networking & Exhibition 12.30pm - Close The event is FREE to attend and delegates will receive a complimentary breakfast and lunch. *Enterprise Growth Solutions, in partnership with DIT is delivering the contract for the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), which provides £6.7 million of funding for first time, but also experienced exporters as part of the Exporting for Growth programme.

You might also be interested in

BCC reacts to latest GDP figures

Thu 13th May 2021

Commenting on GDP figures for Q1 2021, published today by the ONS, Suren Thiru, Head of Economics at the British Chambers of Commerce (BCC), said:

BCC says Queen’s Speech offers opportunity to make change for the better

Tue 11th May 2021

Responding to the details of the Government’s legislative plan set out in today’s Queen’s Speech, Claire Walker, Co-Executive Director of the BCC, said:

BCC Welcomes 'First Step' In Return Of International Travel

Tue 11th May 2021

Responding to the announcement of the ‘green list’ for international travel, British Chambers of Commerce Co-Executive Director Hannah Essex said:

Landmark skills training report calls for wide-ranging reboot of UK system

Thu 6th May 2021

A major new report is calling for a root and branch reform of the UK’s training system to help businesses access the skills they need to boost productivity.