Doncaster Golf Club
19th August 2012
Doncaster Golf Club is an attractive course set on the southern outskirts of Doncaster.
Founded in 1894 the club moved to its present site on land referred to as "The Warren". The course was redesigned in 1978 with new holes being opened due to the compulsory purchase of land for the M18 Motorway. A new prestigious clubhouse was opened in 1992 with balconies overlooking the 1st Tee and fairway and the 18th green. The course is built on sandy subsoil and drains extremely well such that it very rarely has to be closed due to wet weather. The course is a true test of golf and members and visitors will never tire of playing it.