Invest in our people, our planet and our regional business communities
12th April 2021
Watch back our webinar recording of One Year On: Shaping the national recovery effort event, in partnership with Devon & Plymouth Chamber.
On the 25th March 2021 we hosted our One Year On: Shaping the national recovery effort event in partnership with Devon & Plymouth Chamber. The conversation brought together business and civic leaders from across the country.
- Martin Mckervey, Director of AESSEAL plc.
- Tim Elgar, Head of Leadership & Regional Engagement of Twinkl.
- Jane Jones, Head of Public Affairs at Great Western Railway.
- Dr Lucy Davis, Chair of the South West British Medical Association.
- Barry White, Chief Executive of Transport for the North.
- Alison Edgar MBE, known as the ‘Entrepreneur’s Godmother’.
- Luke Pollard MP, Shadow Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Councillor Mazher Iqbal, Cabinet Member for Business and Investment within Sheffield City Council
Thomas Sutton, Head of Policy and Representation at Sheffield Chamber, commented:
"The message that we need to invest in our people, our planet and our regional business communities was heard loud and clear.
"The debate, shaped by Hannah Essex Co-Executive Director of The British Chambers of Commerce explored four key themes including transport, skills, technology, and the environment. The summative comments from the event concluded that all the themes are intrinsically linked.
"Levelling up across the country cannot be achieved through siloed thinking and working. The private and public sector can and must work together in new innovative ways for the benefit of our local and regional communities. Business must be bold and confident. To gain investment to allow us to unlock our full regional potential we need to present robust business plans to central Government that are backed up by a united voice from the both the private and public sector."