RISE 6 is now live
24th May 2021
RISE is a unique business support initiative focussed on enabling small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to grow through the employment of graduate talent.
Investing in great graduate talent will bring fresh ideas, skills and innovation to your business, whilst offering them fantastic opportunities, career progression and the chance to make a real impact.
RISE works with growing small and medium sized businesses (SMEs) in the Sheffield City Region to provide unparalleled access to the best graduates, and share all of the tools and know-how you need to become an independent, confident graduate employer. They will support you step-by-step with a tailored support package to ensure the hire you make is the perfect match.
For those businesses who are new to RISE, or used RISE once before, you will receive:
- Help to articulate the skills your business needs, including drafting an advert, providing graduate-specific labour market advice and expertise
- Advertisement of your role as part of a national targeted advertising campaign
- Undertaking of candidate selection processes using application forms, technical tests, video interviews and assessment centres
- Assistance in the logistics of setting up final interviews (to be conducted by you)
- Sessions/training on best-practice recruitment, allowing us to transfer the know-how to recruit graduates in the future
- A one-off grant for first-timers, to help you to offer a competitive starting salary
- A dedicated SME Relationship Manager to support you with access to further business growth support and wider access into our local universities.
From RISE6 onwards, they are excited to be launching RISE Next Steps. This is an extension of their existing support package and is designed for those SMEs who have accessed the RISE scheme twice or more before. You will receive the same upfront support, and promotion via national RISE platforms, with a dedicated SME Relationship Manager on-hand throughout the process to provide:
- Guidance on the right candidate selection techniques for your role, including assessment tools and best practice to enable you to undertake the shortlisting and selection activities inhouse
- Tools, guides and templates for the recruitment process including candidate attraction, screening and assessment to help us transfer the know-how to recruit graduates in the future
- Continued support to help you access further business growth opportunities and wider access into our local universities.
To find out more please just get in touch with Louise Farnsworth, RISE Project Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07737 285577.