Skills and Employment Forum
A link between employers and providers that ensures the current and future needs of the economic strategy are properly interpreted with respect to quantity and quality.
Our objectives are to:
- Assist employers understand the skills market
- To understand the requirements of employers and the economic strategy for the Sheffield City Region and provide a communication mechanism for employers with providers of education and training to ensure that needs are communicated effectively
- To help in shaping curriculum ideas for skills and training providers by lobbying Government; local, regional and national on skills and education to communicate needs and to help meet employers’ demands. The Local Enterprise Partnership is included within the definition of local and regional government
- Promote vocational training routes for post 16/18 education.
- Promote lifelong learning.
This forum meets quarterly.
Forum Chair: John Baddeley
Forum Vice Chair: Emma Marshall
Telephone: 0114 201 8888