How to Write Winning Bids
Ambitious companies are realising that they need to upskill their people if they want to ensure success through tendering. This masterclass helps to de-mystify the whole process, giving delegates the skills they’ll need to win new work in this way.
Are you a Chamber Member?
Login here to access discounted prices.
£821 billion was awarded through public sector tendering in 2019, this is likely to increase in 2020 – how would winning a piece of the prize benefit your company? This masterclass helps to de-mystify the whole tender process, providing you with the skills needed to win new work in this way.
The workshop is delivered by Sheffield-based Sarah Shafiei-Sabet of Onto the Page, a bid consultancy who have provided tender support to Yorkshire-based businesses for over 10 years.
By the end of the course, delegates will feel confident about the end-to-end tendering process, and will be able to apply the best practice principles needed to create winning bids.
The workshop, which is interactive, tailored to delegates, and encourages discussion and contribution, is run as 2 sessions and comprises of:
Session 1: Find and bid
1000’s of public sector tender opportunities worth billions are published each week by a variety of buyers including Government, local Councils, NHS organisations, Universities, and Social Housing providers. This session covers where to find these tenders, if you’re able to bid, and how to manage the bid process. Topics covered include:
- The public and private sector tender process
- ‘Bid readiness’ – what you’ll need to start bidding
- Capturing case studies
- How to effectively find public tender opportunities
- To bid, or not to bid? Building a sound business case
- Understanding what you’re bidding for
- The ‘Golden Rules’ of bid management
- Building a bid library
- Requesting and using feedback to improve
Session 2: Win
Because of the potential prizes available, tendering is highly competitive and requires an all or nothing approach. This session provides you with the skills required to turn a compliant bid into a winning one. During the session, you’ll learn the secrets of our 80% win rate, with topics covering:
- Writing to the customer
- Using the evaluation criteria to plan, write, and review your responses
- Identifying and showcasing your win themes
- How to structure concise, high-scoring responses
- Using case studies as evidence
- Marking and planning a tender response
- Creating proposals and executive summaries
- How to add added value
- Top ten style and formatting tips.
Full course notes provided