Introduction To Supervisory Management
This course is designed to enable a new supervisor or team leader to effectively make the transition from being a member of a team into a role of added responsibility, giving them the skills needed to prepare for and make the change a positive experience.
Are you a Chamber Member?
Login here to access discounted prices.
This course is designed to enable a new supervisor or team leader to effectively make the transition from being a member of a team into a role of added responsibility, giving them the skills needed to prepare for and make the change a positive experience. This course will also help the established supervisor to review their practice and identify new strategies for getting the best from their team.
Delegates will learn how to communicate effectively with presence and purpose and will be provided with everything they need to know to ensure that they can deal with conflict, connect with and motivate their team, and inspire them to think, feel and act differently.
By the end of the day delegates will know and have practiced what they need to do so that they can demonstrate a confident and assertive persona with anyone in their team.
Structure of the Day
9.30am to 11am
- Understand and use tips, techniques and strategies for team building
- Implement and practice clear communication techniques
11.15am to 12.30pm
- Identify and adopt leadership styles that improve team outcomes
- Understand and set SMART objectives for effective results
1pm to 2.30pm
- Improve time management skills
- Understand the responsibilities of a supervisor
1.45pm to 4.30pm
- Identify and implement the necessary skills to motivate and inspire their team
- Recognise signs of stress and explore coping strategies
Benefits of Attending
- Develop the skills and behaviours that build confidence and assertiveness
- Improve leadership techniques and styles to achieve the required outcome
- Learn from the experiences shared with others during the day
All course notes provided