Mental Health First Aid
This training is an internationally recognised, accredited two-day course, developed by Mental Health First Aid England.
We all have mental health, just as we all have physical health. Mental ill health can strike at any time and can affect people from all walks of life.
Although things are improving, stigma still exists around mental ill health. As a society, we don't tend to know how to take care of our mental health like we do our physical health. This means that people may not know how to support a friend, family member or colleague experiencing a mental health issue, or where to go for support with their own mental health.
Become a Mental Health First Aider
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course developed by Mental Health First Aid England. It is the mental health equivalent of physical first aid and is designed to raise the awareness of mental health in the workplace and reduce the stigma surrounding mental health issues.
Having a qualified Mental Health First Aider in the workplace provides a point of contact for an employee who is experiencing a mental health issue or emotional distress. This interaction could range from having an initial conversation through to supporting the individual to get appropriate help. In a crisis, Mental Health First Aiders can spot the signs of mental ill health and are valuable in providing early support for someone who may be developing a mental health issue.
The two day Mental Health First Aid training course teaches practical skills that can be used every day, including being able to recognise the signs and symptoms of mental health issues and feel confident guiding people towards the right professional support.
- Gives a deeper understanding of the issues that impact on and relate to people’s mental health
- Raises awareness and mental health literacy
- Reduces stigma around mental health
- Boosts knowledge and confidence in dealing with mental health issues
- Promotes early intervention which enables recovery
- Creates a more positive and supportive workplace culture
The course is divided into four specific sections covering:
- Mental Health First Aid, mental health and depression.
- Depression and suicidal crisis.
- Anxiety, personality disorders, eating disorders and self-harm.
- Psychosis, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
In each section participants will learn how to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health issue.
- Feel confident helping someone experiencing a mental health issue.
- Provide help on a first aid basis.
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others.
- Help stop a mental health issue from getting worse, and aid faster recovery.
- Guide someone towards the right support
Please note, the cost for this course for single delegate is £365+VAT.
To book your place, please complete the booking form above, call 0114 201 8888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then contact you to arrange payment.