Your Next Steps in Leadership and Management
Leaders tasked with the development and growth of a business have both a thrilling and challenging responsibility as they are thrust into the world of targets, results and people management.
Successful business leaders recognise the need to keep up to date with business trends and review their people management skills in order to inspire their team. This course is designed to develop the competencies and skills of the leader and will provide delegates with an overview of the most up to date thinking on their strategies for success.
This is suitable for anyone who has completed the Introduction to Supervisory Management and wishes to progress further or anyone coming in at management level, who wishes to update or refresh their skills.
By the end of the day delegates will know and have practiced what they need to do so that they can demonstrate a confident and assertive leadership persona with anyone they work with. At the end of the day delegates will be able to:
Structure of the Day
9.30am to 11am
- Explain and demonstrate their role as a leader compared to that of a manager
- Use their communication skills effectively in order to ensure business growth
11.15am to 12.30pm
- Demonstrate a range of effective leadership styles that impact on team development
- Lead with Emotional Intelligence and demonstrate Personal Mastery
1.00pm to 2.30pm
- Set and demonstrate the value of SMART objectives at all levels of the business
- Test ‘monitor, evaluation and review’ techniques as an effective change tool
2.45pm to 4.30pm
- Inspire, lead and motivate the team to a result driven culture
- Identify and impact on areas for continuous business improvement
Benefits of Attending
- Develop the skills and behaviours that build confidence and assertiveness
- Improve leadership techniques and styles to achieve the required outcome
- Learn from the experiences shared with others during the day
All course notes provided